Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's a Classic! Banana Cake with Chocolate Glaze

 

I bake for class birthdays, too. The kids in my homeroom always request this one. It's the first cake recipe I ever tried in The Joy of Cooking (1973) and I made it for Taranee's first birthday. When I first made this banana cake, it had two layers with sliced bananas in between and frosted with vanilla frosting out of a box.  I was too timid to try making frosting from scratch. Now I make all my cakes and frostings from scratch, including the yogurt that went into this cake. The cover of this book is tattered, the pages have turned brittle and brown,  and the back cover has fallen off. But I would never throw away this cookbook. It's a classic!

Click to play this Smilebox recipe: Banana Cake
Create your own recipe - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment